Monday, October 19, 2009

Follow Through

Follow through is a concept that I truly need to apply to more facets of my daily life...I can't count the times I have started cleaning the living room and found a book I haven't read in a while, "OooooH- I like this author, I haven't read this in an age!"...delete 2-3 hours of productivity. Damn. "I'll start on the dirty dishes right after I clean up my email inbox"...20 in email links later and dinner is now officially late. Arg! While this has always been a bit of an issue for me, I swear, post baby- it is a chronic condition.
I lament to my husband, "I used to have a functional mid-brain, honest!"
...reply, "Yes dear" (The standard male answer when he is certain that whatever answer he supplies will have negative consequences).
Nowadays; if I don't make a list I don't remember it and if it isn't on the list it "ain't a gittin'" done. I used to laugh at the quaint Wives' tales of "Baby Brain"...Now I know better.
umm.....Now what was I doing again?...

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes - "Baby Brain" is not an old wives tale! And it's probably not entirely due to lack of sleep, either! Scarlett was probably about 2 when I felt the "baby brain" had mostly gone away. Of course I still suffer from chronic lack of sleep at her hands (as I type this at 3:30am, but I know that it's the lack of sleep because it goes away when I'm not tired. It's frustrating, but it's not a permanent condition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? kewl, then there's hope! =-)

    ReplyDelete